Registering an LLC Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Connecticut
LLC. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, the words “Limited Liability Company” or
- The abbreviations “L.L.C.” or “LLC”. The word “Limited” may be abbreviated as “Ltd.” and the
- Word “Company” may be abbreviated as “Co.”
- Must be distinguishable from the name of any domestic LLC, limited partnership or
- Corporation or foreign LLC, limited partnership, or corporation authorized to do business in the
- State or any name reserved or registered
A domestic LLC may apply to use a name that not distinguishable (the same as, or deceptively similar to) to the name of an entity if the applicant files with the Secretary of the State a certified copy of a final decree of a court of competent jurisdiction establishing the prior right of the applicant to the use of such name in this state.
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check before filing to see which names are available.
How to Register
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.