Registering a Limited Liability Company Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Washington Limited Liability Company. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, “limited liability company” or “L.L.C.” or “LLC” or “limited liability co.”
- May contain the name of a member or manager
- Must not contain language stating or implying that the LLC is organized for any unlawful purpose
- Must be distinguishable from the names of any Washington Limited Liability Company reserved, registered, or formed under Washington law or qualified to do business as a foreign LLC in this state
- Must not contain any of the words “Bank,” “banking,” “banker,” “trust,” “cooperative,” “partnership,” “corporation,” “incorporated,” or the abbreviations “corp.,” “ltd.,” or “inc.,” or “LP,” “L.P.,” “LLP,” “L.L.P.”
- Must not contain any combination of the words “industrial” and “loan”
- Must not contain any combination of any two or more of the words “building,” “savings,” “loan,” “home,” “association,” and “society”
- Must not contain any other words or phrases prohibited by any statute of this state
An LLC may apply to choose a name that is not distinguishable from the Secretary of State records if the present user, registrant or owner of the reserved name:
- Consents to the use in writing to the use AND
- Files documents necessary to change its name or name reserved or registered to something distinguishable
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check for your Washington Limited Liability Company before filing to see which names are available.
Registering a Name
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.