Registering an LLC Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Idaho LLC. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, the words “Limited Liability Company” or “Limited Company” or the abbreviation “L.L.C.,” “L.C.,” “LLC” or “LC”. The word “Limited” may be abbreviated as “Ltd.” and the word “Company” may be abbreviated as “Co.”.
- Must be distinguishable (not the same as or deceptively similar to) on the records of the secretary of state from
- The name of any limited liability company, limited partnership or corporation authorized to transact business in this state or
- Any name reserved or registered under the general corporation laws or the Idaho limited partnership act
- May apply to use a name that is not distinguishable if
- The written consent of the holder of a reserved or registered name to use a deceptively similar name if one or more words are added, altered or deleted to make the name distinguishable from the reserved or registered name or
- A certified copy of a final decree of a court of competent jurisdiction establishing the prior right of the applicant to the use of the name in this state
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check before filing to see which names are available.
How to Register
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.