Registering an LLC Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Indiana LLC. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, the words “limited liability company” or either of the following abbreviations: “L.L.C.” or LLC
- May contain the name of a member or manager
- Must be distinguishable (not the same as or deceptively similar to) the name of any LLC or other business entity reserved, registered, or organized under the laws of Indiana or qualified to transact business as a foreign LLC in Indiana
- A LLC may apply to use a name that is not distinguishable from the name of another entity if either:
- The other domestic or foreign LLC or business entity files its written consent to the use of its name
- The applicant delivers a certified copy of a final court judgment from a circuit or superior court in the state of Indiana establishing the applicant’s right to use the name applied for in Indiana
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check before filing to see which names are available.
How to Register
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.