The following are some of the important state requirements according to the Iowa Secretary of State.

Biennial Report

A report must be filed with the Iowa Secretary of State every even-number calendar year. The first report must be delivered between January 1 and April 1 of the first even-numbered year following the calendar year of incorporation or on another date that the Iowa Secretary of State may specify. Each biennial report must contain information regarding the two-year period immediately preceding the calendar year in which the report is filed. This report must indicate:

  • The corporation’s name and its state or country of incorporation;
  • The address of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office in this state, along with the consent of any new registered agent;
  • The address of its principal office; and
  • The names and addresses of the president, secretary, treasurer, and one member of the board of directors.

Other Reports

The board must send an annual report to all shareholders. The annual report describes the financial position of the corporation for the fiscal year, including its balance sheet and income statement.


An Iowa corporation may voluntarily elect to wind up and dissolve. A corporation must file a Certificate or Articles of Dissolution when it wishes to dissolve. United Agent Services will prepare your Certificate/Articles of Dissolution and submit it to the appropriate state agency to assist you in dissolving your corporation.