Registering an LLC Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Louisiana LLC. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, the words “limited liability company”, the abbreviation “L.L.C.”, or the abbreviation “L.C.”
- May not contain any word or phrase which indicates or implies that it is organized for any unlawful purpose or purpose contrary to its articles
- Must not contain the phrase “doing business as” or the abbreviation “d/b/a”.
- Must be distinguishable from (not the same or deceptively similar to) the name of any corporation or other LLC organized in this state, any foreign corporation or LLC registered or qualified to do business in this state
- Must not imply that the company is an administrative agency of any parish or of this state or of the U.S.A.
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check before filing to see which names are available.
How to Register
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.