United Agent Services can also provide your business with registered agent services. Every Texas corporation must have a registered agent IN Texas — the person or office designated to receive official state correspondence and notice if the corporation is “served” with a lawsuit.
Eligibility Requirements – The registered agent in Texas must have a business office identical to the registered office and must be either:
- An individual residing in this state, or
- A business entity with authority to transact business in this state
Texas requires that every corporation maintain a registered office in this state. The registered office:
- Must be located at a street address where process may be personally served on the entity’s registered agent
- Is not required to be a place of business of the filing entity or foreign filing entity and
- May not be solely a mailbox service or a telephone answering service