Vermont Corporation Continuing Obligations

Annual Report

An annual report must be filed with the Vermont Secretary of State within two and a half months after the close of each fiscal year. This report must be current as of the date of execution and must indicate:

  • The corporation’s name and its state or country of incorporation
  • The address of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office
  • The address of its principal office
  • The names and business addresses of its directors and the president, secretary, treasurer, and all other officers with policy-making authority

Other Reports

The corporation must mail annual financial statements to its shareholders within 120 days after the close of its fiscal year. These statements must include at least a balance sheet, income statement and a statement of changes in shareholders’ equity.

The corporation must also provide to its shareholders a report of any indemnifications or expenses advanced to a director in connection with a proceeding by or in the right of the corporation, with or before notice of the next shareholders’ meeting.


A Vermont corporation may voluntarily elect to wind up and dissolve. A corporation must file a Certificate or Articles of Dissolution when it wishes to dissolve. United Agent Services will prepare your Certificate/Articles of Dissolution and submit it to the appropriate state agency to assist you in dissolving your corporation.


Add Your Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *