Registered Agent

United Agent Services can also provide your business with registered agent services. Every Vermont corporation must have a registered agent located in Vermont — the person or office designated to receive official state correspondence and notice if the corporation is “served” with a lawsuit.

The registered agent must have a business office identical to the registered office and must be either:

  • An individual residing in this state, or
  • A corporation with authority to transact business in this state

Registered Office

Vermont requires that every corporation maintain a registered office in this state, which may be any of its places of business.