Registering a Limited Liability Company Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Mississippi LLC. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, the words “limited liability company” or the abbreviation “L.L.C.” or “LLC”
- May contain the name of a member or manager
- May not contain a word or phrase that indicates or implies that it may not be organized or that it is organized for a purpose other than a legal business purpose for which a LLC may be organized under this chapter
- Must be distinguishable from the following words: “bank,” “banker,” “bankers,” “banking,” “trust company,” “insurance,” “trust,” “corporation,” “incorporated,” “partnership,” “limited partnership,” or any combination or abbreviation thereof, or any words or abbreviations of similar import
- May not contain the word “corporation”, “incorporated”, “limited partnership”, “limited liability partnership”, “limited liability limited partnership”, or any abbreviation of these words
A LLC may apply to the secretary of state for authorization to use a name that is not distinguishable if either:
- The other domestic or foreign entity consents to the use in writing and submits an undertaking to change its name to one that is distinguishable from the applicant’s LLC name
- The applicant delivers to the Secretary of State a certified copy of a final court judgment establishing the applicant’s right to use the name applied for
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check before filing to see which names are available.
Reserving a Limited Liability Company Name
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.