Once a New York LLC has been created, the New York Secretary of State will require certain recurring responsibilities and duties. The most important of these are explained below. For further information, refer to the New York Secretary of State office.
Each limited liability company shall keep following records open to inspection at its office:
- If the LLC is manager-managed, a current list in alphabetical order of the full name and last known mailing address of each such manager
- A current list in alphabetical order of the full name and last known mailing address of each member together with the contribution and the share of profits and losses of each member or information from which such share can be readily derived
- A copy of the articles of organization and all amendments thereto or restatements thereof,
- Executed copies of any powers of attorney pursuant to which any certificate or amendment was executed
- A copy of the operating agreement, any amendments or restatements thereto
- A copy of the LLC’s federal, state and local income tax or information, returns, and reports, if any, for the three most recent fiscal years