Registering an LLC Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Ohio Limited Liability Company. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, “limited liability company,” without abbreviation or shall include one of the following abbreviations: “LLC,” “L.L.C.,” “limited,” “ltd.,” or “ltd.”
- Must be distinguishable from (cannot be the same as or deceptively similar to) any other Ohio Limited Liability Company or foreign LLC, any domestic or foreign corporation, any domestic or foreign limited liability partnership, any domestic or foreign limited partnership or any trade name
- A LLC may apply to the secretary of state for authorization to use a name that is not distinguishable if the following is filed with the Secretary of State:
- Consent of the other entity or, in the case of a registered trade name, the person in whose name is registered the exclusive right to the use of the particular name
- Consent given by an entity or person in whose name is registered the exclusive right to use a trade name, to the use of a name by a limited liability company, shall be in the form of an instrument, prescribed by the secretary of state, that is signed by an authorized officer or other authorized representative of the consenting entity or person in whose name the trade name is registered
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check for your Ohio Limited Liability Company before filing to see which names are available.
Registering a Limited Liability Company Name
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.