Registering a Limited Liability Company Name
Choosing a business name is one of the first steps in the process of forming your Oklahoma Limited Liability Company. The name that you choose:
- Must contain, as the last words of the name, “limited liability company” or “limited company” or the abbreviations “LLC”, “LC”, “L.L.C.”, or “L.C.” The word “limited” may be abbreviated as “LTD.” and the word “Company” may be abbreviated as “CO.”
- Must be distinguishable from (cannot be the same as or deceptively similar to) the name of any other Oklahoma Limited Liability Company, a domestic corporation, foreign corporation existing or which existed at any time during the preceding three (3) years, domestic or foreign limited partnerships or trade names, fictitious names, or other names reserved with the Secretary of State
- A LLC may apply to the secretary of state for authorization to use a name that is not distinguishable if the following is filed with the Secretary of State:
- Written consent of the other LLC, corporation, limited partnership, or holder of the trade name, fictitious name or other reserved name to use the same name with the addition of one or more words, numerals, numbers or letters to make that name distinguishable upon the records of the Secretary of State
- Written consent that the consenting entity is about to change its name, cease to do business, withdraw from the state or be wound up
- A certified copy of a final decree of a court of competent jurisdiction establishing the prior right of such LLC to the use such name in this state
United Agent Services allows you to choose up to 3 names, in order of preference. We will conduct a name check for your Oklahoma Limited Liability Company before filing to see which names are available.
Reserving a Limited Liability Company Name
Once you have chosen an available name, United Agent Services can help you register your name with the state.