An annual report must be filed with the Montana Secretary of State each year between January 1 and April 15, except for the first calendar year of incorporation. This report must indicate:
- The corporation’s name and its state of incorporation;
- The mailing address and street address, if different, of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office;
- The address of its principal office;
- The names and business addresses of the directors and principal officers;
- A brief description of the nature of the business;
- The total number of authorized shares, itemized by class and series, if any, within each class; and
- The total number of issued and outstanding shares, itemized by class and series, if any, within each class
The corporation must mail to any shareholder who makes a written request its most recent financial statements. These statements must show in reasonable detail the corporation’s assets and liabilities and the results of its operations.
A Montana corporation may voluntarily elect to wind up and dissolve. A corporation must file a Certificate or Articles of Dissolution when it wishes to dissolve. United Agent Services will prepare your Certificate/Articles of Dissolution and submit it to the appropriate state agency to assist you in dissolving your corporation.